Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V4.0 Beta Topic

+6
CarpeNemo
MatthewAtreides
Cronixia
Jack
elephantinepizza
Dimination
10 posters

:: Junk :: Old posts

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

4.0 Better Or Worse

V4.0 Beta Topic Vote_lcap69%V4.0 Beta Topic Vote_rcap1 69% 
[ 9 ]
V4.0 Beta Topic Vote_lcap23%V4.0 Beta Topic Vote_rcap1 23% 
[ 3 ]
V4.0 Beta Topic Vote_lcap8%V4.0 Beta Topic Vote_rcap1 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

V4.0 Beta Topic Empty V4.0 Beta Topic

Post  Dimination Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:35 pm

MineCaste 4.0
You Be the King!

We need to make a new map agreed?
Cool im glad everyone agreed

Overview
We have 3 Branches of AWESOME

Railroad branch contructs railroads to new land (citys will be built around the stations)

City Branch each king (master of a city) competes for population atract people to your population using recruitment on forums or ingame by impressing them with your city!

Court Branch: Court branch is a Moderator Branch. people within this branch can Ban Kick and Unban. these will stack with different ranks

Ranks for 4.0

Railroad Branch

Rail Directory - main job is to keep everyone working and on task

Scientist - The scientist is a redstone expert and to get this position you will be tested with redstone problems

Track Placer - These are the people laying the tracks digging the subways or connecting the skybridges

Iron Worker - The iron workers job is to collect materials used to make tracks AKA iron

City Branch
Mayor - Rules the city and plans future developments with railroad directors

Architects - designs and manages the workers

Workers - builds and populates the citys

1 city per 20 Population Gain more population by attracting people to the server or by having the coolest city

Court Branch

Justicar - does ban appeals also had judge powers

Judge - Ban and kick powers

These titles are added to your current title

Maintence Branch

De-Griefer - Degriefs all grief and creeper explosions

Substation Cleaner - Makes sure the minecart system is running smoothly and correctly

Last edited by Dimination on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:28 pm; edited 4 times in total

Dimination

http://caste.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

V4.0 Beta Topic Empty Re: V4.0 Beta Topic

Post  Dimination Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Post Suggestions on more ranks to get free promotions and stuff (in other words makes me like you more)

Dimination

Back to top Go down

Post  elephantinepizza Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm

I dunno....Are railroads really going to be such a big deal that they get their own branch? Like, I know they'll be frequently used but it just seems too specific to be a fundamental branch of the system <-<.

I do like the court branch though. I wouldn't mind being a lawyer or something <_<.

elephantinepizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 pm

List of questions....

1-Will we keep our current ranks and/or powers?

2-Will all the currency be wiped/will we start using the in-game currency mod?

3-Why will we have a railroad if people know teleporters are easier and faster?

4-Will we be using this mod for the railcarts?:

5-How will one choose which branch to be in? Like do we have to choose it ourselves or does someone choose it for you?

6-How will this change benefit the loyal/new players?

7-So.... I might be "ElderJudge King_Jack"?

Workers - builds and populates the cities

8-Maybe you should change this to citizens?

Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:06 pm

List of questions....

1-Will we keep our current ranks and/or powers?
Some will be kept (all elders will get judge same with architects)

2-Will all the currency be wiped/will we start using the in-game currency mod?
Currency will be wiped but previous donation money will carry over (and titles rewards etc)

3-Why will we have a railroad if people know teleporters are easier and faster?
I really don't want to implement Teleporters the less mods we use the better.

4-Will we be using this mod for the railcarts?:
No thats dumb

5-How will one choose which branch to be in? Like do we have to choose it ourselves or does someone choose it for you?

It will be chosen

6-How will this change benefit the loyal/new players?

The loyal players will like this because its the same old minecaste with new ranks and a fresh new economy without dupes. Also New Players would love the non GET ME 9000 WOOD idea and to actually see there work doing work

7-So.... I might be "ElderJudge King_Jack"?
no you would be Judge Worker/Track Placer/etc King_Jack

Workers - builds and populates the cities

8-Maybe you should change this to citizens?
Citizen promote people not to work and to think there is no future. that your stuck where you are

Dimination

Back to top Go down

Post  Cronixia Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:41 pm

I've been gone for awhile due to IRL college stuff, I will be back after the exams/papers are all done. What would my rank be? Still King's Messenger?

Cronixia
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:52 pm

cron u picked a good time to leave lol no you would be Justicar (title) Cronixia

Dimination

Back to top Go down

Post  MatthewAtreides Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:07 pm

would we use powered minecarts or would we use booster tracks to move along the track

MatthewAtreides

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:39 pm

I'm a little iffy on this...

I rather like how we have things now. (Though, I do agree that the Citizen rank is a career killer. I've been busting my ass when I'm on and getting nowhere.) We've already got cities and roads down, a sweet railroad and my house is full of stuff I'd like to keep. xD

But...this sounds so good at the same time. A new map means a new start, fresh resources, and a chance to get our rank exchange flowing. But at the same time this sucks because as a Citizen, I get to pick my jobs and I can do my own thing (even though I like to think I'm good at construction gigs like clearing large areas), and I'll potentially lose that ability.

It's a hard pull. I'm set for the new map now, but I'd like to keep my wild card status which I feel I'll lose with the new ranking systems.

I say GO FOR IT and I'll work out my issues on my own time. But I would like to know what rank I'll be transferred to, and if I'll still get my Blacksmith title back, as well as the credits I donated for the other day.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Get the party starting!

Few things:
Scientist: i dont think he will have much work to do, i rather see them called Planners, they discuss with the architects and plan the new railroad stations/track locations.
U cant have a full job with redstone in railroad only (than make him electrician and let him do doors/circuits, etc. as well).

Iron Worker: let him do wood as well.

I like the city branch, architect looks fun, but in my position i would like to be the architect and king/mayor of my own city -that might be just me, but u know im kinda strange in that perspective.

Court branch: i wanna be judge! -so i actually have some use of my law study! :p. I think the kings should be Justicar, no one else -well, the high court is 5 persons here.. Wink

Substation Cleaner is not of much use, cuz the rail directors have that same responsibility.

Furthermore i dont think the Rail-branch will be so interesting. I think a big city branch -like we had in 3.0 works best, with a lot of civilians. The court branch is a good add-on.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:54 pm

carpe i do need a euro moderator ill give u the judge title in 4.0 but 4.0 wont be out for a while cause I'm going to Washington this Wednesday - Friday to visit some companies for business

Dimination

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Erikinfo wrote:Get the party starting!

Few things:
Scientist: i dont think he will have much work to do, i rather see them called Planners, they discuss with the architects and plan the new railroad stations/track locations.
U cant have a full job with redstone in railroad only (than make him electrician and let him do doors/circuits, etc. as well).

Iron Worker: let him do wood as well.

I like the city branch, architect looks fun, but in my position i would like to be the architect and king/mayor of my own city -that might be just me, but u know im kinda strange in that perspective.

Court branch: i wanna be judge! -so i actually have some use of my law study! :p. I think the kings should be Justicar, no one else -well, the high court is 5 persons here.. Wink

Substation Cleaner is not of much use, cuz the rail directors have that same responsibility.

Furthermore i dont think the Rail-branch will be so interesting. I think a big city branch -like we had in 3.0 works best, with a lot of civilians. The court branch is a good add-on.

scientist will have a lot to do trust me redstone engineering is tough work i never even finish the first station in the other server due to errors and issues they will also do all the redstone needs of the server not just railroad

iron worker might need a rename to collector

king/mayors are in charge of designing aswell as architects just manage the builders to make sure they are doing stuff correctly

substation cleaners are not implemented early only once there are many tunnels and stuff

rail branch will be fun i rather be in rail branch then citybranch

Dimination

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:10 pm

What if we stick closer to the old rank system, and build it like this:

Lumberjack
Glassblower
Stonehewer

Iron worker -they can help with rails as well, if we need that
Gold digger -gold and diamonds, last rank before worker
Worker -gathering for king/arch/railbuilder
Citizen -work for king/arch/railbuilder
Master -they are master of a part of the city, they pay for this role, more like a flashy title which costs a lot of money and gives you a certain status.
Jr. Architect/Jr. Railbuilder/Jr. recuiter
Master Arch/Master Railbuilder/Master Recruiter -judge power, architects rule their own city (only a few people), master Railbuilder (only 1 person) leader of trains & tracks & co.
Master Ruler (only 1 or 2 in the late game, if we need to shift people to higher ranks)
King

The pro's of this system, compared with the 4.0 proposal is:
Its clear, u see the difference between ranks when u join
Its a ladder system (people like ladders, and like comparing with people lower on the ladder).
Joiners can rank quickly the first few hours they are on the server (this will make them more loyal)
We keep the basics of the 1.0-3.0, which rocked.

With this system you only need to register on the forum once u can rank to worker. If you say: "you have the resources, make an account on the forum and ur worker" people will do this. they wont do it too quick if u ask it at the forum (where they dont know the server is gonna be fun). Recruiters recruit people from the forum, they are open for almost everyone, but they inspect joiners and see if they behave, if not, kick/ban.

gtg to eat, questions, fire away :p

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Call the Iron workers "Resource Engineers". Which is basically a fancy way of saying "Fetchbot." xD

Dimi, I wasn't asking for a position of power. (And I'm from the US) I was just saying that I'm a little worried about how I was going to get in the groove of the new ranks. I'd much rather be one of the worker types, anyways. My gaming time is sporadic and I can't always be on, so that makes me a bad choice for a power-type of any kind. Just put me roughly in the same spot as I'd be if you compared the old ranks versus the new.

This is like the Industrial Revolution for Caste, ya know. I can literally see factories right now, where the resource collectors sell their iron ore, and where the factories sell refined iron/tracks to the railroad companies.

We'll need the server up and running before any major, major scheme changes have to happen. And I beg you, PLEASE include an iron-gold-diamond-credit currency. With this new server we don't have to worry about initial inflation - set the values now and they'll work from here out.

For example - an iron is like a penny, a gold is like a dime, a diamond is like a half dollar, and a credit is a dollar. So 100 iron = 1 credit, ten gold = one credit, and two diamonds = one credit. Aside from use on the railroads, iron won't have much use. And the 100 iron to 1 credit ratio could be how the "companies" buy the iron from people.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:27 pm

carpe i love the idea of economy that isnt watched over by the admins but at this stage in the game that is impossible until notch fixes inventorys and dupes

Dimination

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Erikinfo wrote:What if we stick closer to the old rank system, and build it like this:

Lumberjack
Glassblower
Stonehewer

Iron worker -they can help with rails as well, if we need that
Gold digger -gold and diamonds, last rank before worker
Worker -gathering for king/arch/railbuilder
Citizen -work for king/arch/railbuilder
Master -they are master of a part of the city, they pay for this role, more like a flashy title which costs a lot of money and gives you a certain status.
Jr. Architect/Jr. Railbuilder/Jr. recuiter
Master Arch/Master Railbuilder/Master Recruiter -judge power, architects rule their own city (only a few people), master Railbuilder (only 1 person) leader of trains & tracks & co.
Master Ruler (only 1 or 2 in the late game, if we need to shift people to higher ranks)
King

The pro's of this system, compared with the 4.0 proposal is:
Its clear, u see the difference between ranks when u join
Its a ladder system (people like ladders, and like comparing with people lower on the ladder).
Joiners can rank quickly the first few hours they are on the server (this will make them more loyal)
We keep the basics of the 1.0-3.0, which rocked.

With this system you only need to register on the forum once u can rank to worker. If you say: "you have the resources, make an account on the forum and ur worker" people will do this. they wont do it too quick if u ask it at the forum (where they dont know the server is gonna be fun). Recruiters recruit people from the forum, they are open for almost everyone, but they inspect joiners and see if they behave, if not, kick/ban.

gtg to eat, questions, fire away :p

will respond eventualy but i g2g eat lunch time for me then i got to get back to school V3.0 will be back up when i get home at 3pm in 3 hrs and 30 mins from this post time

Dimination

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:36 pm

I understand that, now. Stupid duping. Sometimes it happens on accident and you don't know it until you've got sixteen diamond picks in your inventory and have to chuck them (it kept happening when I was getting D/C'ed at home on dialup) .

I also wish Notch would add in a tradebox feature. I'd, for example, type in something like /trade Diminiation or something and you type someting like /trade accept and then we're both looking at a mini-inventory screen where we can put our stuff for each other to get.

I'm just saying we need to do something to refreshen our diamond-credit currency. It's hard as hell to find diamonds and the 3-to-1 ratio is a bit off compared to the prices for plots. If three diamonds is one credit and one plot is five credits, you need fifteen diamonds for one plot. And you're lucky to find four in a single deposit, and deposits always feel few and far between.

And, not everyone is going to be a miner, so not everyone will be able to find diamonds, so having alternate currencies is a good idea in my mind. Maybe not even iron, but gold at least. It has no purpose at all in our current system.

I'm extremely pleased with how this is turning out, though. I never would have imagined that Caste would come as far as it has in such a short time. It's really a diamond in the rough compared to other servers. It's good in my book, and I'm picky. xD

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:55 pm

I got the ranks from 3.0 and made some up quickly, its more to indicate a clear ladder (caste) system, i think that works best -and easy ranks for newcomers so they can rank easy when they play 1 or 2 hours.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dempere02 Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Nice ideas, as previously stated, I cant wait for dupe fixing, Industrial revolution ftw. BTW when is the server comming up online again?

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:02 pm

I'm not sure where you're at, Cron, but it should be fixed by 3-4 central American or 4-5 eastern American.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  BenSlater Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:27 pm

Im always good for a EU mod position. Not sure i like these ranks though, couldnt we keep the current system and just implement some of these in?

BenSlater

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Server is now online with 3.0 ill try to pump out 4.0 before i leave tonight to go to DC

Dimination

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Dimination wrote:carpe i do need a euro moderator ill give u the judge title in 4.0 but 4.0 wont be out for a while cause I'm going to Washington this Wednesday - Friday to visit some companies for business

ERIKINFO would be a perfect Judge for this(he lives in Europe)! just forget about promoting anyone else, we will have way to many judges when u think about it.

Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:17 pm

I couldn't finish the update today but ill work on it this weekend but im going to start a new map on the server for now

Dimination

Back to top Go down

Post  elephantinepizza Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:15 am

Dimination wrote:I couldn't finish the update today but ill work on it this weekend but im going to start a new map on the server for now

Right after I finish my damn architect project >.<

elephantinepizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next