Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carpe's Rant.

4 posters

:: Junk :: Old posts

Go down

Carpe's Rant. Empty Carpe's Rant.

Post  CarpeNemo Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:08 pm

This is the only warning - I'm about to rant on a massive scale. If you're a person who "TL;DR"'s everything, you're definitely going to hate this and should leave.

First off, yes. I'm a fucking dialup user. I can't help this - it's not something I like. I can afford the faster internet if it was to be made available, but not to move. And moving is my only option - the fastest ETA on any form of high speed to my area is TEN FUCKING YEARS.

But I can play more or less okay on other servers, at the time of this writing. In fact, I just left Greenworld's city of Iza, where I made a quick run through and patched some small holes idiots left.

SO WHY IS THIS FUCKING SERVER LAGGING ME SO GOD DAMN BADLY THAT IT TAKES FIVE MINUTES FOR A MESSAGE TO GO THROUGH?! There is no damned excuse for this - my connection speed is not the entire issue (though it has a part) so where have I gone wrong?

Have I pissed karma off in some massive way that I can have no fucking enjoyment on my thanksgiving holidays? My current situation will not allow me to move, as a full time college student with no job. I currently live with my grandparents as a kind of half-ass caregiver, and if I was to take a job, their financial aid would go down the drain as fast as I signed the papers.

But by staying with them and NOT working, they not only keep their benefits, they get MORE from them per month.

So moving is out the question, there, as well.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I just stutter in Vent? FUCK YOU. I've spent the last week being told to get a mic so I could speak in Vent. I get a mic and now I'm being told not to bother because I'm stuttering that bad? BLAME DIALUP and keep that shit to yourself.

I love this damn server too much to bail. Aside from that, I've spent too much time and money for me to go "Oh, it doesn't matter, I just won't come back" and leave.

And what the hell is up with everyone giving Jack shit? He seems like a pretty cool dude. Bit of a douche, but every single one of us is a douche as well, and we all know it. It's like he's got to grab the shit end of the stick everyday. Did he do something epic fucking evil like burn a church or something that I don't know about?

And these fucking promotions are killing me. Before the server reset, I spent about two weeks working on Lower Utopia for Ben, clearing away massive tracts of the roof. Only to have a roll back about everyday undoing what I just did. On top of that, I built a big ass Batman/Optimus Prime (depends on the person you ask) outside of Utopia, and it got rollbacked about a day later. I didn't get paid for any of these works - and I was a citizen. I didn't have to do any of that, but I did it with some expectation that I was going to at least get some god damned recognition/work towards becoming somebody's app.

But no. Come new server, I start mentioning I'd like a rank up and suchlike, and get told to build an (as perfect as you can with minecrat) perfect spherical Pokeball, for Wussup. And yeah, I did kind of lame that up but I was thinking it didn't need to be fifty blocks high. But that's not the point. Some people got Arch/app on way less. But then again, I was talking to Wussup, and he's extremely hard to please...so...I'll just move on to the next point and forget about the pokeball.

And now, I'm back at the bottom of the rung with nothing to show for the last month or so but a slightly orangey-pink rank.

Lost my non-duped inventory, with the most recent inventory wipe. Yes, I know the duping was going on and that it was perfectly reasonable for the wipe, but since I'm already griping I might as well go ahead and gripe about that too. Lost about three or four diamonds, my axe/shovel/pick tool set, a stack of bookcases (That took time to get all the reeds for that!) and miscellaneous things aside from that.

Jack ate my tree, and I assume was the one who killed some and put dirt in its place. Moderately aggrivating - could have at least fixed it. I try to make myself as unobtrusive as possible. Say I cut down a stack of reeds so I can steal them and grow my own - I'll at least replant one so the owner doesn't even know I did it. Just an example of course, but I'm trying to make a point.

This has to be the laggiest, crashiest, moodiest server I ever played on, but I fucking love it. I'm not leaving - so don't even think this is my "pissy goodbye" post. I'm just fed and up feel like ranting. If you've made it thus far, you have a "get out of getting your socks ate free" card.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Carpe's Rant. Empty Re: Carpe's Rant.

Post  Dempere02 Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 am

Feels bad man, you should know that besides in very short moments, everyone here is lagging too, the game is bugged, McAdmin is bugged, the block respawning, everything, most servers dont bother with mods cause they cause this precisely, lag.

We dont want u to leave, I dont know who got that idea in your head but it's false, and once lag is sort of gone after this update today, I'm sure you'll catch someone's attention soon.

About jack, well he's been banned like, 10 times? yeah he's a pretty good dude but he's a massive retard and likes to be uruly just for the lulz and then go all QQ, so dont mind him much.

I read it all so I expect u not to eat my socks anymore Razz.

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WillTell Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:43 am

Let's hope you feel better. It's all gona get fixed sooner or later anyway.

WillTell

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:01 am

Demp, I ain't gonna leave, don't plan to and don't want to. It's just that I have dialup as it is and it makes it hard enough to play, but when the server takes a notion to start flipping out I lag five times worse than y'all do.

On my worst day I had a message go through chat ten minutes after I sent it. But on my best days I play so smoothly it's almost like being back on school wifi. So I know it's possible to play smoothly on dialup, I just can't figure out why I don't.

The thing I worry about now is that since PVP and mobs are on, I'm going to be dieing left and right and won't even know how 'till after it's done. If I'm in a lag, that is - and I lag a lot. I wish there was a safe list I could get into.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  WillTell Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:34 am

I can cheer you up. I have 5Mb/s net and even with it i've been getting timeout after a minute or two and it lags beyond imagination for some time now for me. So don't feel so bad. I can't play normally too. And yesterday I had fps lag when a chicken was walking near me lol

WillTell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:41 pm

CarpeNemo wrote:
And what the hell is up with everyone giving Jack shit?
You get use to it.

CarpeNemo wrote:
Jack ate my tree
It was tasty. Just sayin'.

Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Junk :: Old posts

Permissions in this forum: