Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding mods

+2
Jack
Erikinfo
6 posters

:: Junk :: Old posts

Go down

Regarding mods Empty Regarding mods

Post  Erikinfo Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:37 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanna post a quicky. In a few days we will get agressive mobs and we will have King_Jack to protect us. sadly, he isnt as mighty as he wants to be, so he cant defend everyone all the time Wink

Im building on a city a long long way from spawn. There are people who want me to supervise or give tips on certain projects. problem is my mobility. I dont feel like walking a full in-game day to my location, everytime i go to the spawn and help someone out.

Can we please add runecraft again? restrict tp's to higher ranks only if u want, but we really want a (small!) system of teleports. So Demp can tp to a base when a railcart is bugged and the rails is unusable, so i can supervise more than only my own city-project, so Ark can tp to my city and doesnt have to wait for me to get on -or not leave my city cuz he will loose the location, etc.

I know railroads are gonna change this slightly, but we can not expect railroads to be ready tomorrow. Placing railroads takes long -especially for cities out in the open, far away. Also for bugs, we want teleports so we can quickly repair stations.

I would ask the Kings to activate minecraft. Preferably for all ranks (low ranks cant use all the TP's/its redstone expensive). Or restricted to higher ranks -so architects and higher can swift travel by personal teleports. 3th, it will also attract more players if u have the Runecraft mod enabled on the server. People like that. And im sure the rail workers would like to tp quickly to the base as well as soon as it gets dark. Cuz its dangerous in the open..

Cheers for listening, I hope i can convince you.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Regarding mods Empty Re: Regarding mods

Post  Jack Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:41 am

Yeah I totally agree with runecraft being enabled(even if it's limited). Even with protect cities and people, hidden doors in runecraft would be really usefull Very Happy.

SUPPORTED BY JACK!!! W00T!

Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Modoatk Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:44 am

I think a small system of teleporters, limited to only the highest ranks, would be okay. But if we make a teleporter system similar to the one on the old map, I think, Demp's railroad system will stop being a legitimate form of transportation and become a meaningless playtoy that's rarely used.

Modoatk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:36 am

Modoatk wrote:I think a small system of teleporters, limited to only the highest ranks, would be okay. But if we make a teleporter system similar to the one on the old map, I think, Demp's railroad system will stop being a legitimate form of transportation and become a meaningless playtoy that's rarely used.

And that is why we should limit it to higher ranked players who have to swift travel from/to hard to reach locations. I like Demp's railroad system, but im sure hes not gonna be able to reach my city in the coming weeks -oh yea Demp, u have got some work to do Wink .

A small system with TP's will both suit the viceroys/nobles and the railbuilders.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  WillTell Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:02 pm

I aprove.
It can help much and it can also do harm if left uncontroled, like anything else would without control

WillTell

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:28 pm

Teleporters should be used in certain situations, only. When a city is first being built, a teleporter should be built and publicly available to everyone. Then, once the rail line to that city is complete, the teleporter should be destroyed in favour of the rail lines.

And some places are just going to be infeasible to have a rail line to - such as places over the ocean. Yes, it could be done but ask Demp how willing he'd be to lay a track 100x what he had to do for the Villa.

Teleporters have their uses. If there's a way to restrict making them but not using them, I'd be game for their return.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  wussupwussup Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:42 pm

Well do this with hey0's. We can't restrict runecraft.

wussupwussup
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Hey0's mod would be good too. Than we can /sethome so we can always travel back swiftly.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down