Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft 5.0

+2
Jack
Erikinfo
6 posters

:: Junk :: Old posts

Go down

Minecraft 5.0 Empty Minecraft 5.0

Post  Erikinfo Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:46 pm

Hey guys,

Minecaste is the best server i ever played on. No doubt. Sad thing is that it went downhill a long time ago. It is time to get it back to life.
I talked to wussup and Jack about it. Jack agreed that we need something new. Thats why i came with the idea of Minecaste 5.0. It is basically a new map, with bukkit as mod and a few addons (nothing sure about this yet).

The map is made of a spawn city, fully block protected, where new players join and can mine/craft safely. The spawn city is neutral. From the spawn city players can discover the different cities on the map.

On 3 sides of the city, far North, South and West are 3 factions. Each faction has its own leader.
Every faction has the same rank system. So every faction has a king, an architect, builders, a number of gatherers and a few people who work on the railroad. Every city has its own guard (if we put PvP/Monsterplay on).

Gatherer (they mine, farm and chop wood for builders and architects), Builder, Architect apprentice and Architect (later we can add Architect Master if needed)

Trainee, guard and knight (protection). Only if we can get PvE working. The Knight will have his own castle, build by the builders/architect. He commands the guards/trainee's.

Teacher (helps new players and advices them what faction to join), Regent (helps new players and guides people through the projects of the king), Senator (helps the king and takes his place when the king is gone).

Banker (banker makes sure the stocks are filled, instructs gatherers if needed and keeps stock safe and devides the resources to different projects in the city. He cooperates with the king and the Senate)

This is very very roughly. it is not sure if we restart. i will talk with wussup about this tomorrow. in the mean time i would love to contact demp and modo about this and hear their opinion.

Guys, please reply and say what you think of it. Minecaste was the best, lets get it back and rockin' again!

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Minecraft 5.0 Empty Re: Minecraft 5.0

Post  Jack Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:53 pm

Yeh I agree with the new change. I believe everything needs re-vamped hardcore, and with new "management" thing that might happen I believe minecaste can/will go big.

Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  WillTell Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:16 am

If we can start it up and get it rolling, then it's great. We just make the base of the community on which we build and new players get on. Then we expand, create new stuff and take over the world expand the possibilities.
There should be loners and freelancers or sth like that. Surviving alone, taking up single-job offers maybe random trading.
In general, I like the idea

WillTell

Back to top Go down

Post  kwek20 Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:32 am

i agree to, the old map w as fun, but to many death city's
and is it possible to make monsters unable to come in a city?
because it's more fun with monsters

kwek20

Back to top Go down

Post  WillTell Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:33 am

More to support this, I say Bukkit is the way to go. I've been playing around with it (because it's one of few server tools I managed to make work) and found many plugins that are needed. Still trying to figure out some things, but I think Bukkit is usable, even though far from finished.

WillTell

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:40 pm

I have bukkit on my own test server, with a mod that gives ranks to people and gives them permissions, with a no-creeper land damage mod, an economy mod that works with gold bars and a terrain modifier/cuboid mod (have to test that one still). Mods dont interfere with eachother.

PS. i really want to talk to demp and modo, can anyone who knows them tell them to read these posts?:p

i will talk tonight with wuss, i keep you updated

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  insanoodr Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 pm

WillTell wrote:If we can start it up and get it rolling, then it's great. We just make the base of the community on which we build and new players get on. Then we expand, create new stuff and take over the world expand the possibilities.
There should be loners and freelancers or sth like that. Surviving alone, taking up single-job offers maybe random trading.
In general, I like the idea

like the idea and will two things 1 lawl 2 u mean like rouge and stuff there should even be like secret rouge camps and different stuff like that

insanoodr

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:02 pm

The map has a central spawn. This spawn is a plaza in the middle of the spawn city. People are free and protected in that city. People are free to craft there, mine in the public mine and explore the world.

When someone joins the server he (or she, etc.) is a Free People. His home is the spawn city. He can operate out of there, explore the world, collect resources, meet different people and factions and sees which faction he likes most. When a free people is bored of the awesome spawn-city (which, I think, will take a long time, believe me, because the loner in the castle far away (read: I) directed the build), he either applies to the faction he wants to be in, or he chooses to become a loner (like my alter ego, this path will be discussed later). Once he or she joins a faction he starts as a Gatherer. As Gatherer you collect working materials and you meet people in the faction. The banker or regents will request resources of you, you collect them, and before you know it, you are accepted in the faction as Worker. Workers work for the different branches on different projects. While they do it, they meet the different people in the branches and find out which one they like best. At the end you can build your own house on a plot you can buy in a fraction city (or you let your house build by someone else). When this is done, you are Citizen! As Citizen you can choose between different branches. When you pick your favorite one you start to work with the branch-members. After a while you can join the ranks of the branch-members.

There are four different branches. Building, Teaching and ruling, fighting (PvE and possibly PvP later) and trading.

The branches are self-explaining, that’s why I spend most of my post talking about them (the loner in the castle far away (read: I) like talking).

- Builders basically build bombastic buildings (I only used bombastic cuz of the alliteration, the loner (read: I) is awesome (and arrogant, good thing he lives far away from the living world. Don’t tell him his alter ego (read: I) said that)), alone or together, depending on the project he wants to work on and what the player prefers. Architect and apprentice Architects coordinate these projects, build along and make, while building, new plans of buildings that are more perfect in the mind than they will ever be on the map. Examples of the projects are castles for the knights, houses for senators (it is said the different senators like different styles, so make sure to check that before you join a faction and u want to be an architect!), cities, safe cities (with walls and a lot, really a lot of torches, or just only underground roads, fully lit), etc. As the server develops there will be more plans.

- Teachers help new Free People in their choice. They try to fit the player in the best team. This will require some kind of objectivity. The teaching branch is not very tightly bound to a particular faction. Every faction has an even amount of teachers and Regents. Later a teacher can become a regent who helps the senate, bankers and players of the faction. The Magistrate is the adviser of the Senator and keeps contact with the other faction. He is a diplomat. Together with the Senator he rules the kingdom, coordinates with the banker and the emperor (read: the loner in the castle far away (read: I)) to keep the economy running, plans events, cities, sells plots, etc.

- Fighters are blood thirsty (or rather, gunpowder thirsty, I am convinced creepers are minecrafts first machine, driven by gunpowder). They protect the city at night (getting a city fully mob-safe is tricky, I can tell you that!), they collect gunpowder (it is rumored the ultimate loner (read: I) has a secret basement in his castle. In the distance you can hear explosions every now and than. He (read: I) might be interested in buying it). They also sell arrows to the banker (it is also said the banker of the other faction plays slightly better. If you make sure you meet him on a neutral place, you might make more money!). Guards are supposed to be more loyal to a faction, they help the Knight, who is in control of the defense (and is rumored to hate corrupt fighters) and has his own castle. This is one of the architect's projects.

Economy
The economy model is simple: I invest gold in cities, cities pay workers/projects, how they do that, is up to the banker and senator. Factions sell houses and plots to the workers, traders sell diamond tools and diamond and chainmail armour to faction members (which they buy from the emperor). That way money will float from the factions, to the members, from the members back to the faction and back to the emperor. Money is goldbars (mGold mod). The mod includes a shop function.
The idea of the economy is rough, we will see how it goes, together with the bankers I will try to get it fluent with equal money in both factions. The banker will keep the money in a protected area. A vault full of gold bars, like the good old times!

What did I miss?
Loners! Loners are free people who like to be alone, build their own house, hunt in nature and don’t like social contacts. Like me! If a Free People wants to get loner, I approve, they pay me for a plot in nature, and they are free to have fun, as long as the building is not close to cities/faction territory. Being loner means no protection, ranking will be harder, money making will be harder, etc. It gives you the possibility to build what you like though (when u have discussed it with me and I approved). It is always possible to join a faction after you made your money as loner.
I am thinking of making a bank in my own house, fully protected, which stores money of the loners, or maybe I make it a project of both the factions, so we get a 3th banker, for loners. It all depends on the popularity of factions, loners, how much money they make, their needs, etc.

There is a lot of things left to talk about. I don’t want to make a fixed path we will walk, I want to keep it open, so we can change as we go, based on your input.

Comments!

Last edited by Erikinfo on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Minecraft 5.0 Presentatie1

Click to enlarge (yea, even larger)

At the end you have Senator (Faction owner) and Emperor

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  kwek20 Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:39 am

those are kinda like the ranks he wad a couple of months ago
lumberjack, glassblower, miner, cityzen

kwek20

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:52 am

True. the biggest difference is that we have all the ranks in 2 factions, that way people will be less in each others way, and it enables PvP in the future, or some kind of competition between factions, and it gives us the possiblity to make a 3th faction later, if things get going good.

The rank system made minecaste so good, and i think this is a better version of it.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  kwek20 Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:49 am

yea, to be true, i liked the old ranks more than those new one's.
so i think these are bette Smile
we should do this Smile
WHERE ARE THE MODS!!!!

kwek20

Back to top Go down

Post  WillTell Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:11 am

down with the tirony, down with the emperor... oh wait, wrong forum.
We need admins too. What good can those mods do (no offence)?

WillTell

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Servers test running, spawncity is about to be finished, Have to set permissions, than we are ready to launch.

Now we wait till Wuss comes on skype again so I can finish it and open it for pre-launch construction

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dempere02 Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:39 pm

*cough* my branch *cough*
Anyways modo and I have already talked to wuss about possible upgrades and a banker/protection caste, but we have been ignored so far.

but this seems like a good idea and I am willing to support it.

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kwek20 Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:18 pm

what we also could do is launch an event
like for example:
monday 2 am (time zone's stfu) Skylands explorer map
or any other pre made map
like broville or skylands or Trap or JourneyCraft and go so on Smile
should be funny to do those maps for 1/2 days

just suggesting