Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OUTDATED]THE OFFICIAL NEW RANKS[OUTDATED]

+10
Omnz
wussupwussup
Steve
Cieja
Dempere02
Grizzly
Dimination
Dave1004
Modoatk
Cronixia
14 posters

:: Junk :: Old posts

Go down

[OUTDATED]THE OFFICIAL NEW RANKS[OUTDATED] Empty [OUTDATED]THE OFFICIAL NEW RANKS[OUTDATED]

Post  Cronixia Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:01 am

THESE RANKS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Here are the new ranks and title descriptions. Everyone will start off as a lumberjack. All items are to be turned into the bank. More details will be given later.

From the lowest-

Lumberjack-
Duty: Gather 15 stacks of raw wood.

Glassblower-
Duty: Gather 500 pieces of glass.

Miner-
Duty: Gather/Make-
10 stacks of SMOOTH stone (cobblestone into a furnace)
4 stacks of Coal
2 stacks of Iron
32 pieces of Gold
10 Diamonds

Worker-
Duty: Organized by the Elders to facilitate progress in the Architects' projects.
Promoted by listening to the Elders and helping the Architects.

Citizen-
Duty: To build and populate the towns.

Apprentice-
Duty: To learn from the architects.

Jr Elder-
Duty: To direct lower ranks and workers what to do.

Architect-
Duty: Design the buildings of the cities and instructs Apprentices.

Elder-
Duty: Directs all lower ranks and helps with newbies.

Architect Master-
Duty: Combination of both Architect and Elder.

Banker-
Duty: Dedicated personal that accepts deposits at the bank and promotes to higher ranks.

Tax Collector-
Duty: Sells plots of land from the architects to citizens, collects the taxes imposed by the King, and has the right to evict.

King-
Administrator

Flowchart to make it easier to see-

[OUTDATED]THE OFFICIAL NEW RANKS[OUTDATED] Caste

Last edited by Cronixia on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Cronixia
Donator

Back to top Go down

[OUTDATED]THE OFFICIAL NEW RANKS[OUTDATED] Empty Re: [OUTDATED]THE OFFICIAL NEW RANKS[OUTDATED]

Post  Modoatk Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:12 am

Looks good - I think we may still have the requirements for the bottom 3 ranks too low, but we can calibrate those amounts once we get setup on the VPS based on how quickly people move through them.

-Also <3 the Paint crowns XD

Modoatk
Admin

Back to top Go down

[OUTDATED]THE OFFICIAL NEW RANKS[OUTDATED] Empty Re: [OUTDATED]THE OFFICIAL NEW RANKS[OUTDATED]

Post  Dave1004 Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:19 am

10 diamonds and a stack of gold?

a freakin' stack of gold? Orly now?

64 gold? SIXTY FOUR?....No like

Dave1004

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:20 am

workers are commanded by apprentices and architects elders are just there to help people

Dimination

http://caste.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Modoatk Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:28 am

Dave1004 wrote:10 diamonds and a stack of gold?
a freakin' stack of gold? Orly now?
64 gold? SIXTY FOUR?....No like

Well the 10 diamonds won't take more than a few hours, but the gold could definitely take a while. One thing i'm worried about, in regards to miners, is someone filling all of their quotas except, for example, gold. While they search for the gold they will have no incentive to turn in the other items they collect. Perhaps we could add a clause stating that miners must turn in all of the materials they collect until every quota has been met? It would also help if we attempted to have the quotas at equivalent levels, so that by the time one quota was met the rest were close behind. However, that could be hard to implement so... confused

I dunno just some thoughts

Modoatk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:38 am

vps delayed see motd

Dimination

http://caste.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizzly Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:44 am

Maybe if they cant find a stack of gold you can switch some with lets say a diamond = 3 or 4 gold?

Grizzly
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dempere02 Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:40 am

Lumberjack's rankup requirements should be higher IMO, like 1 stack of raw wood at least, you can get 15 in like 2 minutes and with only 15 you cant really do much.

The rest are fine Very Happy

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cieja Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 am

Cronixia wrote:
Lumberjack-
15 stacks of raw wood = 3840 blocks of wood. Isn't it enough? Razz
Cieja
Cieja

Back to top Go down

Post  Dempere02 Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Cieja wrote:
Cronixia wrote:
Lumberjack-
15 stacks of raw wood = 3840 blocks of wood. Isn't it enough? Razz

oh lulz Razz yeah I though it meant like only 15 pieces, 15 stacks is fine, kinda....

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:13 pm

I really hope I don't have to do any of that wood cutting or mining... That seems much better organized than points constantly changing.

Steve
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Cronixia Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Steve wrote:I really hope I don't have to do any of that wood cutting or mining... That seems much better organized than points constantly changing.

everyone starts over at the bottom rank, EVERYONE. It's only fair.

Cronixia
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Cieja Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Cronixia wrote:
And what about donators who payed before new rank system? Should'n they become citizens instantly? (I'm writing about 5$ donation as an example)
Cieja
Cieja

Back to top Go down

Post  wussupwussup Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Cronixia wrote:
Steve wrote:I really hope I don't have to do any of that wood cutting or mining... That seems much better organized than points constantly changing.

Those who donate won't be reset.

wussupwussup
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Omnz Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Can you add me to the whitelist please my user name is omnz

Omnz

Back to top Go down

Post  Danfish77 Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:17 am

Based on my experience rising through to citizen (especially re: Miner quotas), I think that maybe Miner should be split into separate ranks- Stonecutter, which focuses on smooth cobble; Miner, focusing on iron and coal; and then something like Senior Miner, focusing on the gold and diamond. Staggering it like that might get resources (especially smooth stone and coal) flowing better, and give users a bigger sense of reward. Staggering the Lumberjack class might be nice, too- maybe make a Woodsman or something that have to replant trees?

Also increasing the amount of people who can rank people up would make things run more efficiently- miners ranking users up to glassblower, for instance.

Danfish77

Back to top Go down

Post  Murwing Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:47 am

I really like Danfish's ideas. Splitting the ranks and upping the quotas for them, except gold. Smile

Murwing

Back to top Go down

Post  Danfish77 Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:51 am

I really like Murwing's idea. Smile

Danfish77

Back to top Go down

Post  Cieja Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:06 am

It's a good idea to split miner rank, but lumberjack is good like it is now. And about giving rank up right to lower ranks: NEVER!
Cieja
Cieja

Back to top Go down

Post  Cronixia Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Only Elders+/Architects+ know where the bank is located, so they are the only ones currently that can currently take payments. It may change in the future, but as for right now, I really like the bank design and placement. Goodluck trying to find that bitch of a bank, I know where it is and modoatk and I still had to spent 15 minutes trying to find the entrance to it.

Cronixia
Donator

Back to top Go down

[OUTDATED]THE OFFICIAL NEW RANKS[OUTDATED] Empty my suggestions :D

Post  neosquad Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:55 am

i agree that miner should be split up. I also feel glassblower was WAY too easy for me to get. After i had gotten all my wood, i got the glass i needed waiting for someone to log on and take my wood (skipping glassblower all together). glass takes a lot less time to collect and make than wood, yet you require 15 stacks of wood and only 8 stacks of glass. I'm not sure what other resources could fit in the glassblower title, nor if you want to up the amount of glass needed. but i feel that one needs to be more challenging

also, i personally don't like the requirements for slave worker. i feel without any definitive goal like ones before, it turns into a popularity contest for who's going to be citizen and get a house. if perhaps worker could own property, i wouldn't have a problem with it Very Happy

One last thing, if once someone becomes a citizen, they have an idea for a job that the tree could branch off into, would higher ups be willing to listen? i have an idea, but i don't want to give it away yet as i need to practice with it more and don't want anyone stealing it Razz

neosquad

Back to top Go down

Post  Murwing Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:37 pm

You could pm a elder/king with the idea if you don't feel like sharing.

Murwing

Back to top Go down

Post  gryhut Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:10 am

neosquad wrote:i agree that miner should be split up. I also feel glassblower was WAY too easy for me to get. After i had gotten all my wood, i got the glass i needed waiting for someone to log on and take my wood (skipping glassblower all together). glass takes a lot less time to collect and make than wood, yet you require 15 stacks of wood and only 8 stacks of glass. I'm not sure what other resources could fit in the glassblower title, nor if you want to up the amount of glass needed. but i feel that one needs to be more challenging

Yeah I also agree with what these guys have said, It would be good to split miner up so that it feels more rewarding and not as long leveling through it. Perhaps split it like it was suggested into smooth stone, coal and iron, gold and diamond. With the amount of cobble stone you mine trying to find coal, diamond, gold and iron you have tons of it extra! I think having it as a class by itself would be good, and then you could increase the required amount because people will have enough cobble to make it either way..and smooth stone is always in high demand. coal and iron go well together as do diamond and gold, though i thought 32 gold was a lot to find...do minerals regen at all?

The idea of more glass required also sounds good because its another hot item in building and gets used up real fast! at least have a little more glass to get to wood, it didn't take long to do, but also is used up very fast...

neosquad wrote:also, i personally don't like the requirements for slave worker. i feel without any definitive goal like ones before, it turns into a popularity contest for who's going to be citizen and get a house. if perhaps worker could own property, i wouldn't have a problem with it Very Happy

I felt a little smilar at first. We'll see how worker is:)

Over all just wanted to say system now is way better then it was before! nice work! cheers
gryhut
gryhut

Back to top Go down

Post  gryhut Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:00 am

Also as a side idea, as people go up the rank ladder they can get more specialized jobs nearer the top, or at citizen level: Not sure where they would fit, but could be something like

• gardener: maintains wood farms, reed farm, decorative flower beds - could be merged later during survival with farmer, who's job would be to gather wheat.

• Could have armourer who specializes in making Armour of different levels. (could be split between armour types, have to be promoted by head of armory to provide armour of better material.)

• Cook, who specialize in making food, gather farmed goods from farmer turn it to food for health, also hunt animals like pig for meat.

With this, each group would be controlled by a leader of that group who promotes person to the next level - ie: wood farmer to wheat farmer, wheat farmer to reed farmer...so on

The head person can then sell this stuff to a citizen who owns a shop to be sold, allowing them to build minimum wage for when they become citezen to buy a plot. Or this could be the jobs of citzens, where certain people have certain jobs, and they can be promoted through out their jobs. The job they choose can determine what they become later, for example, if one goes through armorer, they can become soldier, who defend city from zombies and whatnot.

Each path leads to a different end, and if you want to switch to nother u start at the beginning of that job list.

Paths could be tradesman, solider (to fight zombie), worker (not slave worker - could find another name for this one like engineer) Each of these would be led by the leaders of their category (there would be a few of each just like now) like:

worker -> aprentice architect -> architect
soldier -> squad leader -> captain (or general)

We could easily think of a few other paths.. like in charge of travel later on when fixes are made - these people would be in charge of rail lines, boat paths and so on.

Others could be scientists/engineers in charge of wiring with redstone.

These are just a few ideas that I think could work well with our going theme, and as you can see many would only be useful later once changes to MP have been made fixing carts and other stuff...
gryhut
gryhut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Junk :: Old posts

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum