Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rules Architects/Elders need to look over:

+2
Erikinfo
Jack
6 posters

:: Junk :: Old posts

Go down

New Rules Architects/Elders need to look over: Empty New Rules Architects/Elders need to look over:

Post  Jack Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Few rules from dimination:
1) All Architects can only have ONLY 1 Architect Apprentice.
2) This is the same for Elders with Jr. Elders.
3) All Apprentices and Jr Elders must remain this rank for at least 1 week.
4) Elders are higher than Architects.

Jack

Back to top Go down

New Rules Architects/Elders need to look over: Empty Re: New Rules Architects/Elders need to look over:

Post  Erikinfo Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Jack wrote:4) Elders are higher than Architects.

I disagree.

*starts asking for a promotion*

i wanna out-rank Jack!

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

New Rules Architects/Elders need to look over: Empty Re: New Rules Architects/Elders need to look over:

Post  CarpeNemo Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:27 pm

From a logical stand point, a Master Architect could very well benefit from having two apprentices. Though, in a way A Master Arch's apprentice should be separate from regular apprentices. Just a thought, there.

I think Elders and Architects should be equivolent in rank. In my opinion - Elders are Logistics guys and Architects are the construction crews meet foreman. They should work together to oversee projects and fighting for superiority or arguing rank.

For example, an Architect calls an Elder to a project, and asks for help organizing resources. Cool beans. The Elder in turn calls some Slave Workers to fetch up the required resources and take them to the construction site, where the Architects distribute the materials to where needed and the project moves forward.

In this way they have worked together for the singular purpose of building a structure, and no need to throw about rank. THAT's why I think they should be equivolent ranks.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  wussupwussup Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:38 am

Architects and elders are equivalent ranks. They have the exact same privileges command and item wise. It's impossible to have them at the same command rank or they null out and merge so one is rank 6 and one rank 7. Technically a jr elder is lower then an apprentice architect and an architect is lower then an elder. It doesn't effect anything but its just the way it's set up in the log file.

wussupwussup
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:52 pm

I thought he was saying that Elders were to be regarded as higher on the chain of command. xD

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  globydudeca Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:36 am

CarpeNemo wrote:I thought he was saying that Elders were to be regarded as higher on the chain of command. xD

I think it means both, because of the idea that Elders are promoted based on being good people, helping others and doing the right thing, and architects are upgraded for having good art skills. So when it comes down to it, I think that the person selected for their good behavior should have more power then someone who can make cool 3D shapes, just my opinion.

globydudeca

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:02 am

That makes no sense.

I think coordinating the building of a city or a monument is pretty damn hard. With limited experience in trying to coordinate the help with Lower Utopia, have faith in me that it's not easy.

If Elders help people...what do they help them with? I mean, beyond the basic "Noobgoheredothat" stuff to the new guys.

And I'm trying to become an Architect, but I still try to help out the new peoples when I can.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  globydudeca Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:58 pm

CarpeNemo wrote:That makes no sense.

I think coordinating the building of a city or a monument is pretty damn hard. With limited experience in trying to coordinate the help with Lower Utopia, have faith in me that it's not easy.

If Elders help people...what do they help them with? I mean, beyond the basic "Noobgoheredothat" stuff to the new guys.

And I'm trying to become an Architect, but I still try to help out the new peoples when I can.

Why doesn't it make sense? I did not say all architects were not mature, but the requirements to be an architect is to be picked by a current architect and to build good, you COULD be an immature whining little kid and if you build nice things you still might be an architect... it is impossible to have someone like that be an Elder, which is all I am pointing out. I am not saying architects can't be good people and mature.

globydudeca

Back to top Go down

Post  Modoatk Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:07 pm

why would an architect want a whiny apprentice? The immature kids will be left as citizens, LULZ.

Modoatk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Junk :: Old posts

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum