Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

slave rank revamp

2 posters

Go down

slave rank revamp Empty slave rank revamp

Post  meeetch Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:20 am

I was thinking that given the amount of time it takes for a player to advance from each rank, many lose patience and quit before they reach citizen. I think that we should reduce the slave ranks down to 1-2 ranks; the first being Slave (of course) and the second being Senior/veteran slave.
Slaves must accumulate enough resources to exchange for enough credits to pay for their advancement. They must basically buy their freedom. From slave to senior slave would be 25 credits (for example sake, don't start flaming about the price being to high or to low it would be subject to change) and from Senior/veteran slave to citizen would be twice the the previous amount, totaling 75 credits (Again, subject to change based on how our economy looks).

I think this method will give slaves a choice as to how they will achieve citizenship. Each resource will be given a value. Obviously, the more common and easy to gather resources will have lower values than those that are rare and hard to accumulate. Diamonds, obsidian and gold would top the list and vegetation, dirt and cobble would sit at the bottom of the list.

lemme know what you think, all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

meeetch

Back to top Go down

slave rank revamp Empty Re: slave rank revamp

Post  CarpeNemo Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:37 am

I think you have a fine idea, but that the ranks need to be drawn out. See the ranks for what they really are - a test, if you think about it.

It's about establishing whether a person is trustworthy or not, not really about the resources. I, personally, would rather buy lumber from a citizen than have a slave fetch it for me (stimulates the economy, as well as a principle thing). Making sure they're willing to work for citizenship is basically calling insurance on our part.

I think the starting credits should go away. Slaves start with nothing - that's the thing about slavery. You're property, not people. (xD) Each rank up, you get a credit when you deposit your materials. Then, when you're at five credits (I think that by the time a Slave hits worker, they'd have three credits, on this system. I suppose it would be fair for them to ask for pay? But not at rates Citizens might ask.) you can officially buy your freedom. Of course, they could always just mine away for diamonds and just turn them in for credits, to make it go faster.

These are just thoughts. I've been hitting the liquor cabinet a bit hard, again. >.<

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down