Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The station

4 posters

:: Junk :: Old posts

Go down

The station Empty The station

Post  Erikinfo Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Hey guys,

Recently i have heard a lot of complaining about lag at the spawn, and i have seen multiple people leaving the server, because of it. When people come in, they want to see a lag free server. We all understand that.
Funny thing is, at my place there is no lag at all. The lag is centered around the railnetwork. It is caused by the redstone. When it was removed, the server had no lag there, when it was placed again, it lagged people out.

Can we remove the inefficient metro-redstone circuit? or at least place it far away where only demp will lag? We are loosing members because of the lag. It would be great if we can get the server running smooth.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

The station Empty Re: The station

Post  elephantinepizza Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:03 am

Server was lagging there as it is now when the metro was under construction before the red stone was in place. I was there. Methinks it's related to spawn, not the redstone.

elephantinepizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:29 am

elephantinepizza wrote:Server was lagging there as it is now when the metro was under construction before the red stone was in place. I was there. Methinks it's related to spawn, not the redstone.

Im talking about last night in particular, it was laggy at spawn in particular, while on locations further away it didnt lag at all. + we have had longer issues of lag around the stations.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  MatthewAtreides Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:27 pm

is there a way they could make the metro without redstone

MatthewAtreides

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:30 pm

MatthewAtreides wrote:is there a way they could make the metro without redstone

Put an oven in a minecart, and use that as engine. its slower and requires coal.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dempere02 Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Erikinfo wrote:Hey guys,

Recently i have heard a lot of complaining about lag at the spawn, and i have seen multiple people leaving the server, because of it. When people come in, they want to see a lag free server. We all understand that.
Funny thing is, at my place there is no lag at all. The lag is centered around the railnetwork. It is caused by the redstone. When it was removed, the server had no lag there, when it was placed again, it lagged people out.

Can we remove the inefficient metro-redstone circuit? or at least place it far away where only demp will lag? We are loosing members because of the lag. It would be great if we can get the server running smooth.

Redstone and minecarts cause memory leaks, both lag the server horribly. Thing is, redstone lags way less than minecarts, and so on this station revision I only used 5 booster carts per lane (compared to the 9 booster carts we had previously) but to do that I had to put down complex redstone wiring to controll all the tracks. I can remove it all again if it's so bad but that means no metro.

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MatthewAtreides Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:45 pm

so there is no other way you could make a metro

MatthewAtreides

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down