Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0

5 posters

:: Junk :: Old posts

Go down

Is the new Metro System 2.0 a good idea?

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Vote_lcap91%[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Vote_rcap1 91% 
[ 10 ]
[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Vote_lcap0%[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Vote_rcap1 0% 
[ 0 ]
[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Vote_lcap9%[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Vote_rcap1 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Empty [OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0

Post  Dempere02 Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:32 pm

Metro System 2.0

The metro system is being built in order to ease the transportation of people and goods amongst cities and distant points in the world. Every major city requires a Metro Station. That, however, does not mean you have to contract my services straight away, City owners may sell plots in order to earn money to be able to afford a Metro Station.

As of version 2.0 the metro system becomes much more intuitive and easy to use, disregarding the old "Lanes" system and using a much more efficient "Node" system. These nodes are placed on the 2 points in space that are to be connected, and a 2-lane tunnel in between these nodes.
This produces bidirectional metro travelling, back and forth the nodes.

Another new addition to the metro system is the complete revamp of the tunnels, we move to a much more appealing tunnel design as shown here:

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 New_metro_tunnel_preview
Large image

These new tunnels will run over the land in order to ease the spotting of them on mapping tools such as a cartographer. Shown below is a fine example on how these tunnels look roaming the lands:

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Tunnel_overworld_preview
Large image

With the addition of a new tunnel design, stations can now be a much more appealing element of your city, example(with the building not complete to show the concept of node):

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Outdoor_stations_preview
Large image

Node concept and example

Up until now I've introduced the "Node" concept, these provide bidirectional transport between them, and are much easier to build, below is a scheme of how exactly a Node works:

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Node_schematic

As you can see in the image, both city A and B have a node, which is connected to the other node with one single tunnel that allows bidirectional traffic between these two cities.

2.0 Price System

As of 2.0 you can now select whether you want your station to be underground or the new over ground design, please note underground is much more expensive, shown below an image of the prices depending on the mode you choose:

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 New_prices

As you can see, the actual station node is cheaper now, due to several optimizations I've made, and choosing the over ground option rewards the purchaser with a much more cheaper station.

Also as a side effect for the single tunnel, each city has to pay HALF of the tunnel (unless you're connecting to spawn). So make the arrangements with other city owners to connect city-to-city.

Current Status of Main Metro Station (Spawn) includes 5 Nodes listed here (green means operative, red means under maintenance/construction):

Node 1: ModoVille
Node 2: Orso
Node 3: Ironburg
Node 4: -----
Node 5: Kokiri Vilage

No further nodes can be added so other cities will have to establish connections to cities that are hooked up to spawn.

NOTE: Prevoiusly built and PAID stations will recieve the upgrade for FREE, stations that are in progress or NOT paid yet will have to carry with the new prices.

Info about Materials

I wont be buying any more iron from now on, or any other materials. I will supply myself from CarpeNemo. So sell the stuff to him. Not me.

Last edited by Dempere02 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:22 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Update 2.0)

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Empty Re: [OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0

Post  wussupwussup Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Stickied, start hiring people so you don't have such a monopoly.

wussupwussup
Owner

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Empty ModoVille Metro Station - Modoatk

Post  Dempere02 Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:44 pm

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Modoatk_metro_bill

Last edited by Dempere02 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Empty Re: [OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0

Post  globydudeca Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:10 pm

I want to get a metro to my city. I would like 4 lanes, but I don't really know where I am. Is there a positioning command?

globydudeca

Back to top Go down

Post  Dempere02 Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:22 pm

globydudeca wrote:I want to get a metro to my city. I would like 4 lanes, but I don't really know where I am. Is there a positioning command?

I will soon get a cartograph of the whole map so I can lay tunnels and locate cities in the most efficient way possible, you just put in the money.
However I dont recommend buying 4 lanes straight away, as there aren't as many cities right now, 1 or 2 would be enough for now, any further expansions will cost only 100c per extra lane if you bought the unlimited guaranty and 110c if you didn't.

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Empty Obelisk Metro Station - Bigpeewon

Post  Dempere02 Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:32 pm

OUTDATED

Last edited by Dempere02 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Empty Orso Metro Station - CarpeNemo

Post  Dempere02 Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:43 pm

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Carpenemo_metro_bill

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  globydudeca Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:46 pm

What is the deal with the prices inflating by 100x? Is it because of your method for calculating? I am hoping if it says 16k coins it means 160 like before... I am really just confused so some explanation would be nice.

globydudeca

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Globy, technically prices are the same as they were before. There is no real inflation - it's just instead of a Dollar bill we now use pennies. 100 credits is equal to what USED to be 1 credit. Since we can't use fractions of a credit this is basically a way to conquer that.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Empty Tarkait Metro Station - Globbydudeca

Post  Dempere02 Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:13 pm

OUTDATED

Last edited by Dempere02 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Empty UPDATED 2.0

Post  Dempere02 Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Updated to v2.0, please check the new features

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Empty awsome

Post  airandspace Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:00 pm

this is a easy idea demp
airandspace
airandspace

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL] Metro Prices and Info UPDATE 2.0 Empty MinecartMania hMod132

Post  Dempere02 Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:41 pm

we all know how laggy and painful and gruesomely complicated metro stations are right now, and I'm seriously bored of it too, they are so unrealiable and buggy/easy to break.

I say no more, installing this simple hmod plugin (comes with beta release hMod132) metro stations become way less laggy, way easier to use and WAAAAAY more reliable. It will also mean even cheaper nodes!.

Here's the instructions for correct plugin install:

1. Download link
2. Open rar file and replace the old hMod minecraft_mod.jar with the new 132.
3. Drop the MinecartMania.jar in the plugins folder
4. Drop the settings txt file to bin folder
5. Add the plugin to the list in your server.properties
6. Restart Server
7. ???????
8. PROFIT!

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wussupwussup Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:33 pm

You've honestly insulted me putting in instructions for a plugin. We don't want to incorperate this it removes the point of the caste as said in the past.

wussupwussup
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dempere02 Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:45 pm

wussupwussup wrote:You've honestly insulted me putting in instructions for a plugin. We don't want to incorperate this it removes the point of the caste as said in the past.

Point is, temporal fix to make the metro half functional till minecarts lag less. Remove at a latter stance.

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:12 pm

It doesn't remove the point of the branch - it makes them able to do their jobs.

It's not like it's an instant can of metro - you still require resources (a side effect is - GOLD IS VALUABLE! MUHAHAAHAHAHA) to make it work. And it stores all unnecessary minecarts in a chest, reduces the amount of redstone needed, and makes using Metros nearly foolproof.

We could at least give it a shot! It won't hurt anything to test it, at least. Please? When you see how well it all works and the resource costs of it you might change your mind. (Maybe Demp could show you on his private server.)

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dempere02 Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Mod installed I'll work all night so current tunnels work, dont expect Tarkait or Kokiri to be ready any time soon unless I get a shitton of workers

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down