Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on 5.0

+13
wussupwussup
CarpeNemo
Cronixia
Modoatk
insanoodr
MatthewAtreides
Dimination
kwek20
BenSlater
Dempere02
WillTell
airandspace
Erikinfo
17 posters

:: Junk :: Old posts

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Update on 5.0 Empty Update on 5.0

Post  Erikinfo Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:34 am

As you already may have noticed some changes occured

we switched to the 5.0 map and now we are now implementing the new rank system.

The server might close for a few days (whitelist) so we can test it. We might also remove permission to build, so you can still log on

The preliminary ranks we are making:
Update on 5.0 Rankswy.th

Free People live in the protected spawn city. Once people join a faction they get lumberjack and climb up in the faction. We have 2 factions. Loners are people who are not in a faction but buy a plot outside cities and build there. We might implement a guard/PvE branch, this depends on the server.

It is a possibility we rent a dedicated server for a few months. I will talk to modo and demp about this soon.

Questions: post below, please dont spam the Minecaste server chat. We are busy setting everything up. Answering the same questions over and over again is really annoying.

Last edited by Erikinfo on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Update on 5.0 Empty Re: Update on 5.0

Post  Erikinfo Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:34 am

Reserved

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  airandspace Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:50 am

[quote="Erikinfo"]As you already may have noticed some changes occured

we switched to the 5.0 map and now we are now implementing the new rank system.

The server might close for a few days (whitelist) so we can test it. We might also remove permission to build, so you can still log on

The preliminary ranks we are making:
[URL=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/rankswy.jpg/][img]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img15/4682/rankswy.th.jpg[/img][/URL]

Free People live in the protected spawn city. Once people join a faction they get lumberjack and climb up in the faction. We have 2 factions. Loners are people who are not in a faction but buy a plot outside cities and build there. We might implement a guard/PvE branch, this depends on the server.

It is a possibility we rent a dedicated server for a few months. I will talk to modo and demp about this soon.

Questions: post below, please dont spam the Minecaste server chat. We are busy setting everything up. Answering the same questions over and over again is really annoying.[/quote]
now my computrer is infected great dont cic on img
fix the link it take me to a virus ad now im scared if my com puteris gong to crash now
put image on serving it safer and less virus if my computer breaks im not going to be happy seving is safer then were your img are hostrd less ads
airandspace
airandspace

Back to top Go down

Post  WillTell Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:06 pm

Well, I don't like the way loners are. It's not lonely enough. Why the fuck would a loner, who doesn't want to obey any rules that factions make, therefore IS a loner, give money for land, therefore follow some1's rule over the land. What I mean is, if you are a lone wolf then you don't bug other in return of them not bugging you. You live your life, away from other ppl and don't care about their affairs. You walk 4 days away from ciilization and do w/e you want, because there's no1 there and you don't have to follow any1's rules. So paying for a piec of land when you are a loner is ridiculous. But ofc there should be a downside. There are no rules protecting you, you're on your own. If some1 finds you, only on their moral depends what will happen, while if you are in a faction, it gives you some kind of protection or support.
Well that's my idea. Slightly long maybe, lol

WillTell

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 pm

airandspace wrote:now my computrer is infected great dont cic on img
fix the link it take me to a virus ad now im scared if my com puteris gong to crash now
put image on serving it safer and less virus if my computer breaks im not going to be happy seving is safer then were your img are hostrd less ads

Dont click advertisements. Especially dont click advertisements about anti virus scanners.. Imageshack.com is safe. The advertisements on the site may not be safe.

WillTell wrote:Well, I don't like the way loners are. It's not lonely enough. Why the fuck would a loner, who doesn't want to obey any rules that factions make, therefore IS a loner, give money for land, therefore follow some1's rule over the land. What I mean is, if you are a lone wolf then you don't bug other in return of them not bugging you. You live your life, away from other ppl and don't care about their affairs. You walk 4 days away from ciilization and do w/e you want, because there's no1 there and you don't have to follow any1's rules. So paying for a piec of land when you are a loner is ridiculous. But ofc there should be a downside. There are no rules protecting you, you're on your own. If some1 finds you, only on their moral depends what will happen, while if you are in a faction, it gives you some kind of protection or support.
Well that's my idea. Slightly long maybe, lol

I disagree here. If we let people build freely as a loner you have a high chance of people visiting the server, going out in the open, building a house, leaving the server to never return, and than u end up with a map with all kinds of half build structures on inconvenient places without knowing what house is from who.

To get a loyalty to the server people need to work to get the rank. Call it effort justification. Thats why loners pay the ultraloner to get a plot. I set a warp to his place and i cuboid it for him (so he has build rights). The warp is only accessible to me. The loner is this way free to do whatever he wants, he has no rules to obey, he is free.

Ofc there are limitations, we dont want 1x1 towers of 64 blocks high, we dont want massive houses of 200x200 blocks people cant complete, we dont want massive projects like utopia someone can never finish, etc. That is common sense.

What we do with protection is for later. Lets first see if we can get PvP on. We can make the loners cuboid non-pvp for example.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Update on 5.0 Empty Whitelist

Post  Dempere02 Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:10 pm

As some of you may have noticed, we activated the whitelist. Here are the reasons:

a) We need to setup the server, sort out the ranks and plugins.

b) We're looking for a faction leader (apply here if you're interested). Faction leaders are in charge of their faction and all of the people under the faction.

So until we sort this out, please stay tunned for updates in this forum.

Dempere02
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenSlater Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Im interested in Faction Leader but you'll probably say no...:/

BenSlater

Back to top Go down

Post  airandspace Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:34 pm

[quote="Dempere02"]As some of you may have noticed, we activated the whitelist. Here are the reasons:

a) We need to setup the server, sort out the ranks and plugins.

b) We're looking for a faction leader (apply here if you're interested). Faction leaders are in charge of their faction and all of the people under the faction.

So until we sort this out, please stay tunned for updates in this forum.[/quote]
im apllying for leader of a faction Im interested to see if I can handle the responsiblty of a faction
leader. going to be a fun exprince

Last edited by airandspace on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes note: im not able to fix all my mistakes)
airandspace
airandspace

Back to top Go down

Post  BenSlater Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:34 pm

A fraction? Well if you wanna learn fractions speak to your maths teacher.
Smile

BenSlater

Back to top Go down

Post  kwek20 Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:08 pm

interested in a Faction Leader to Smile
and why am i not on the whitelist? or is the server down?

kwek20

Back to top Go down

Post  airandspace Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm

[quote="kwek20"]interested in a Faction Leader to :)
and why am i not on the whitelist? or is the server down?[/quote]

there a whitelist so demp modo and erik can work on the sever without anyone annoying them or wineing about not being allowed to leave spawn and plus with how much work they need to do the sever will crash a lot or people will have to log in and out every minute to use chat.
also making spawn town and fraction bases they dont what people saying to them every few seconds "hey demp what are you making"... ten seconds later "DEMP what are you making"
it be annoying for the mods to answear every one question and plus new people will log in and say
" HEY GUYS I WHAT TO BE IN BULIDER BANCH" or "why am im free people" or "what NEW MAP"
Then ending like this if they cant understand "you know what beep this sever" and leave for good.oh and by the way it seems like many ppl re going to apply for faction leader maybe put a task to see who can be a faction leader.

p.s how do I get quote to work
airandspace
airandspace

Back to top Go down

Post  kwek20 Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 pm

tnx Smile

and oh air wanna play with me on my server?
u got all rights and stuff if u come
let'ss build random shit

ip: 85.223.66.178:25565

Edit: wasn't trying to advertise, just so lonely Smile
and because of the server was down i thought, yay Smile

kwek20

Back to top Go down

Post  airandspace Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:46 pm

i have a question what will you do with homes made before the whitelist was on

oh and every day while the list befor the last one of you guys leaves for bed is on take a pic of spawn to see what progess the town going and put beloe the pic in text what have you accomplse in conesl and what tod trommmow

Last edited by airandspace on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
airandspace
airandspace

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:22 pm

sounds cool vps will be up to the 9th unless donations so...

couldn't connect to vps so i Restarted the vps
skype me if u have any issues

Dimination

http://caste.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:45 am

Dimination wrote:sounds cool vps will be up to the 9th unless donations so...

Who are donations going to? if we get a dedicated (i am having contact with a firm about it right now) i would not donate to the VPS but wait till we have the dedi running (if you feel the need to donate ofc:) )

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikinfo Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 am

airandspace wrote:i have a question what will you do with homes made before the whitelist was on

oh and every day while the list befor the last one of you guys leaves for bed is on take a pic of spawn to see what progess the town going and put beloe the pic in text what have you accomplse in conesl and what tod trommmow

The 2nd thing im doing since the start of the city, good tip.

The 1st thing.. I dont know. some people build right next to the spawn, while we warned people not to build. Let me at least say that is not smart.

I am willing to make exceptions to a few buildings, if the owner becomes a loner (or a faction wants to use it, either way). For your particular cave air, you should talk to the faction leaders once we have them (the one with the closest base) or ask me for a loner title.

Erikinfo
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  MatthewAtreides Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Here is My Faction Leader Application

1. I should be A faction leader because I already have great plans for a city
2. I am a Fair leader
3. I wouldn't abuse my rank
4. I'm not a whiny 13 year old

Last edited by MatthewAtreides on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding reasons for leadership)

MatthewAtreides

Back to top Go down

Post  WillTell Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:37 pm

I would go for the faction leader thing being awesome and stuff Cool but I think I would be too lazy to rule over ppl... It's fun to command others and so, but with great power comes great responsability. Sooo, if any of you think I should, I could, but I vote for Ben *winkwink
About the loner thing, I guess you're right. Though after a while (if this plan works) it could get improved and that way my idea of loners made possible. But one step at a time I guess.
Last thing. Are we good to go public?

WillTell

Back to top Go down

Post  insanoodr Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:31 pm

WillTell wrote:I would go for the faction leader thing being awesome and stuff Cool but I think I would be too lazy to rule over ppl... It's fun to command others and so, but with great power comes great responsability. Sooo, if any of you think I should, I could, but I vote for Ben *winkwink
About the loner thing, I guess you're right. Though after a while (if this plan works) it could get improved and that way my idea of loners made possible. But one step at a time I guess.
Last thing. Are we good to go public?

yeah ima vote for ben two

insanoodr

Back to top Go down

Post  Modoatk Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Everyone applying for faction leader, please make a post saying why you should get the job.

@will: i'd say we're about 70% done

Modoatk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  airandspace Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 pm

[quote="Modoatk"]Everyone applying for faction leader, please make a post saying why you should get the job.

@will: i'd say we're about 70% done[/quote]

i whould like to be one because for sevale reason one I have great ideas for like a branch or like some amry and a town and ecomny i thought of in the 2 week i was gone
2 I a funny guy ( when I dont get to crasy) and is not annoying chould hurmor my member if they bored
3 I make sure that anyone is safe in there town home and a intractive self oprating bank were you go to your room were yo can place ore blcoks and chest
4. I like the coummty here. and im not gonig to be harsh on people who broke a rule if it by complte accident but only 2 times and your out. I make sure that if people are being jerk to pelp below them im not scare to kick them out
5. if im unavible i have a vice ledar to lead the faction while im gone which is raely
that why i what to be one
ps it going to be fun
6. I have never ever abuser my powers if I had any and always fine a way to get money and my own reouces
rember a vote for air as some random faction ledar is a vote for me as a random faction ledar
7. im a smart person
8. trustwerfly
9. im young so I have lot of time on my hands
10. about ever one here is nice to me and is my friend ( if your not counting the 4.0 knghits rank knights) ( well ever once in a while im cool with jack)
11. I always make a comeback no matter how much i lost if it be my home i rebulid my item i find new ones
12. I have had a long time here I expince the good time of 4.0 ( when i log onto the sever for the first time) and the point of it lossing populratiy (around of the time of my rage quit that was so imaturel it was problay because of the upcoming 25th)
13. if i become a ledar my city were have long plot rivers and orignal stuff that right pickaxe to boring citys :lol!:
14. i only appoint people who have showed they what t get pronmoted since they worked so hard
15 im get invole with my members make sure thing are fine and if other spies come i do two thing
1. kill them with there items
2. TNT CANNON BOOOOOOM
16. im not going to be busy bulding somthing if ther bad stuff going on less then 30 blocks away i deal with it and end it befor it becomes a crsis
and that wh you should pick me air for ledar

oh and by the way I wont scAare of new playeror take away ther home twice and have like 4 people helping me and making sure they are safe and risk ther whole branch/ faction group
AIRANDSPACE
AWESOME COOL NICE FRIENDLY UNDERSTAING SMART GOOD JUDGEMENT

Last edited by airandspace on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:43 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : bigger reasons)
airandspace
airandspace

Back to top Go down

Post  airandspace Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 pm

[quote="Erikinfo"][quote="airandspace"]i have a question what will you do with homes made before the whitelist was on

oh and every day while the list befor the last one of you guys leaves for bed is on take a pic of spawn to see what progess the town going and put beloe the pic in text what have you accomplse in conesl and what tod trommmow[/quote]

The 2nd thing im doing since the start of the city, good tip.

The 1st thing.. I dont know. some people build right next to the spawn, while we warned people not to build. Let me at least say that is not smart.

I am willing to make exceptions to a few buildings, if the owner becomes a loner (or a faction wants to use it, either way). For your particular cave air, you should talk to the faction leaders once we have them (the one with the closest base) or ask me for a loner title.[/quote]
it ben i just live there with him and austin :)
airandspace
airandspace

Back to top Go down

Post  WillTell Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:34 am

Application for faction leader
Applicant: WillTell
Reasons:
1. I'm just awesome Cool
2. To Hell with 2, 1 is enough.

WillTell

Back to top Go down

Post  BenSlater Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Application for Faction Leader:

Applicant: BenSlater

1. A lot of the community seem to like me.
2. I think I would do a good job.
3. Im good at introducing new players, and explaining things.
4. I follow the rules and ensure others do too.
5. I'm an active member of the community.

Smile

BenSlater

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimination Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 am

Erikinfo wrote:
Dimination wrote:sounds cool vps will be up to the 9th unless donations so...

Who are donations going to? if we get a dedicated (i am having contact with a firm about it right now) i would not donate to the VPS but wait till we have the dedi running (if you feel the need to donate ofc:) )

are u guys not using the vps anymore? If you want any of the files ask modo or demp they have access to vps. donations go to upkeep ofc. Are you buying a dedi server to run ur new idea?

Dimination

http://caste.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next