Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Currency ideas

5 posters

Go down

Currency ideas Empty Currency ideas

Post  CarpeNemo Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah, yeah, y'all probably don't give two shits what I think on the subject, but I have given thought to the issue. And after considering my idea thoroughly, I'm going to present it ya whether ya likes it or not. Very Happy

Basically the idea revolves around a quadratic currency system. Let's be honest - since everyone uses diamond tools that iron and gold are both useless, and with this system they'll have their places.

Basically, this is the formula :

1 stack iron -> 1 gold.
1 stack gold -> 1 diamond.
3 diamonds -> 1 credit.

So you have four currencies - iron, gold, diamond, and credits. Conversions will still only take place with diamonds to credits - so basically the iron and gold are "common" people currencies - used to pay slaves or for low-cost buys like glass.

Iron and gold are otherwise useless, and this gives somewhat of a use to them aside from things for slaves to collect for turnins and makes keeping them worthwhile. And it could be implemented when the Oct 31 update comes out - not immediately. Since we'll have to restart anyways, y'see.

:EDIT: Really? No responses? Y'all could at least bitch about the idea.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Currency ideas Empty Re: Currency ideas

Post  CarpeNemo Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Wow. It's been a few days and I haven't even gotten a flame or something.

You guys just abandon ship or something?

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  MatthewAtreides Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:43 pm

CarpeNemo wrote:Yeah, yeah, y'all probably don't give two shits what I think on the subject, but I have given thought to the issue. And after considering my idea thoroughly, I'm going to present it ya whether ya likes it or not. Very Happy

Basically the idea revolves around a quadratic currency system. Let's be honest - since everyone uses diamond tools that iron and gold are both useless, and with this system they'll have their places.

Basically, this is the formula :

1 stack iron -> 1 gold.
1 stack gold -> 1 diamond.
3 diamonds -> 1 credit.

So you have four currencies - iron, gold, diamond, and credits. Conversions will still only take place with diamonds to credits - so basically the iron and gold are "common" people currencies - used to pay slaves or for low-cost buys like glass.

Iron and gold are otherwise useless, and this gives somewhat of a use to them aside from things for slaves to collect for turnins and makes keeping them worthwhile. And it could be implemented when the Oct 31 update comes out - not immediately. Since we'll have to restart anyways, y'see.

:EDIT: Really? No responses? Y'all could at least bitch about the idea.

what if it kept a 3:1 ratio so 3 iron to 1 gold and 3 gold to 1 diamond 3 diamond to 1 cred

MatthewAtreides

Back to top Go down

Post  StoneNap Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:10 pm

MatthewAtreides wrote:

what if it kept a 3:1 ratio so 3 iron to 1 gold and 3 gold to 1 diamond 3 diamond to 1 cred

IMO, that would be too little, for example, I have about one stack of diamonds, but overflowing with iron, with a decent amount of gold.

With the 3:1 idea, I would now be rolling around in my blue house.

StoneNap

Back to top Go down

Post  CarpeNemo Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:42 pm

I figured that a 64-to-1 conversion was fair because stacks are easier to work with. That way you could see at a glance what you have.

CarpeNemo

Back to top Go down

Post  JayAC44 Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:02 pm

It shouldnt be just Iron ore gold in genral ores should eb worth less then the bars Iron ore would be worth the elast Iron bars would be equal or slightly less to gold ore gold bars would be the next up the chain diamonds the creds probably 1 stack ore = 32 bars

so 64 Iron ore = 32 bars < 64 gold ore = 32 gold bars-> a varied amount of bars = 1 diamond->
3 Diamonds = 1 cred

JayAC44

Back to top Go down

Post  meeetch Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:09 pm

as far as I'm concerned, gold should be able to be traded in for credits. Gold has almost no other purpose other than looks so why not use gold to attain currency? Gold isn't that common and will allow more opportunities to attain credits. With more opportunity to easily gain credits, less people are going to dupe.

meeetch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down